everal scholarships are available to International Wine Center students who wish to further their wine studies. Some are offered by International Wine Center, others are offered by outside organizations. Following is a complete listing:
Teaching Assistant Program
Opportunities are available for selected individuals to serve as teaching assistants in all of our classes. Teaching assistants help set up, pour wines and clean up for a designated class and must be available for every class session — no exceptions. For their service, teaching assistants receive a discounted course rate. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center. To apply, fill out the application and email it to email@example.com For more information, call (212) 239-3055 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
If your company or organization would like to sponsor a scholarship, please contact us at (212) 239-3055.
Les Dames D’Escoffier-New York Annual Scholarship Program
Les Dames d’Escoffier New York (LDNY) is an international organization of accomplished professional women in the food, nutrition, beverage, and hospitality industries. The primary goal of the Annual Scholarship Program is to encourage talented women to become leaders in these industries. All winners will also be offered the opportunity to participate in the Mentorship Program. Our Mentorship Program provides scholarship winners with additional support as they strive to advance in their chosen fields. In 2016, 23 deserving women were awarded a total of $66,800 in scholarships.
Rules for Eligibility:
• Only students enrolled or planning to enroll in one of our partner schools can apply (for a listing of schools go to our website: www.ldny.org)
• Applicants must reside in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut
• Applicants must be enrolled in a program of study for a minimum of six (6) months from the date of application closing on March 6, 2017
• Complete applications, sent as electronic documents by the school liaison, must be submitted to LDNY no later than Monday, March 6, 2017
• Completed applications must be submitted to the participating school’s liaison, who will forward an electronic version of the application to LDNY
• No submissions should be sent directly to LDNY
• Scholarship recipients will be selected and notified by mid‐June 2017
• Please note that only scholarship recipients will be notified
Scholarship application forms are available through IWC. Candidates must be enrolled in or in the process of enrolling for an IWC class to qualify. Application requirements include a resume, official transcript, two professional letters of recommendation and an essay of less than 300 words. For more information on Les Dames D’Escoffier-New York please visit www.ldny.org. For an application form, please call IWC at (212) 239-3055.