everal scholarships are available to International Wine Center students who wish to further their wine studies. Some are offered by International Wine Center, others are offered by outside organizations. Following is a complete listing:
Teaching Assistant Program
Opportunities are available for selected individuals to serve as teaching assistants in all of our classes. Teaching assistants help set up, pour wines and clean up for a designated class and must be available for every class session — no exceptions. For their service, teaching assistants receive a discounted course rate. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center. To apply, fill out the application and email it to email@example.com For more information, call (212) 239-3055 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
If your company or organization would like to sponsor a scholarship, please contact us at (212) 239-3055.
Les Dames D’Escoffier-New York Annual Scholarship Program
Les Dames d’Escoffier New York (LDNY) is an international organization of accomplished professional women in the food, nutrition, beverage, and hospitality
industries. The primary goal of the Annual Scholarship Program is to encourage talented women to become leaders in these industries. All winners will also be offered
the opportunity to participate in the Mentorship Program. Our Mentorship Program provides scholarship winners with additional support as they strive to advance in their chosen fields. In 2017, 23 deserving women were awarded a total of $82,000 in scholarships.
Rules for Eligibility:
• Only students enrolled or planning to enroll in one of our partner schools can apply (for a listing of schools go to our website: www.ldny.org)
• Applicants must reside in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut
• Applicants must be enrolled in a program of study for a minimum of six (6) months from the date of application closing on March 5, 2018
• Completed applications, sent as electronic documents by the school liaison, must be submitted to LDNY no later than Monday, March 5, 2018
• Completed applications must be submitted to the participating school’s liaison, who will forward an electronic version of the application to LDNY
• No submissions should be sent directly to LDNY
• Scholarship recipients will be selected and notified by mid June 2018
• Please note that the scholarship recipients and the schools will be notified.
Please note that incomplete applications will be rejected. For questions about the application email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No applications will be accepted before Wednesday, January 17, 2018, or after Monday, March 5, 2018. All applications must be submitted through the applicant’s school, where they will be verified, scanned, and forwarded to LDNY as a PDF electronic file. All applicants must be residents of New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut.
Submit the application in the Following order:
• Completed application (request application from applicant’s school)
• Resumé (no longer than 2 pages maximum)
• Official transcript from the current institution or most recent college/university
• A 3-part Essay of XXX words or less (see description below)
• Two professional letters of recommendation (Note: Recommendations from friends or relatives will not be accepted)
3 ‐ Part Essays should include:
1. Career plans, goals and aspirations
2. Relevant experience that supports career plans received as a result of service
3. Volunteer and/or community service and any recognition or awards received as a result of service
Important additional Information:
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• No additional material will be considered in the application process
• Applicants awarded scholarships will be notified in mid June 2018
• A reception for scholarship recipients, mentors and guests will be held around mid July 2018, all scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend