WSET® Level 2 Spirits Course
Who It’s For:
Consumers and professionals in the drinks and hospitality industries who have a serious interest in spirits and want to expand their knowledge beyond the basics. No previous study required.
What You’ll Learn:
The history, production and style of spirits of the world: brandies, whiskeys, vodkas, rums, Tequilas, gin, liqueurs and other flavored spirits. You’ll learn the proper technique for tasting spirits and practice with six spirit samples each class session.
16 hours of class time and a one-hour exam that includes 50 multiple-choice questions.
What You’ll Achieve:
- The ability to describe the characteristics of the principal spirits and liqueurs.
- Knowledge of the major international brands within each spirits category.
- The skills to provide guidance on the use and service of spirits and liqueurs.
- The ability to make informed recommendations to customers to meet their taste, quality and price requirements when selecting spirits and liqueurs.
- Successful candidates receive the WSET® Level 2 Award in Spirits.
1. At least 21 years of age AND
2. High School, College, or Post-Graduate diploma or transcript; OR
3. Letter of reference from a wine or spirits trade professional on company letterhead stating:
(1) That the prospective student is known to him/her personally, (2) That he/she is aware of the student’s knowledge of and interest in wine; and (3) That he/she believes the student is qualified to pursue structured study of wine and spirits.
Pricing for the WSET®Level 2 Spirits Course:
Registration Fee: $52.00
Study Kit: $92.54
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center. To apply, fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
WSET® Level 2 Spirits Course adheres to the Quarter-Based Refund Policy. For details see our policy.
Following are current in-session and upcoming classes. If you don’t see a class that fits your schedule, check back soon; new classes are constantly being added!
Current Course Offerings
WSET Level 2 Intermediate Spirits Course SC 119 Starts 02/11/2019
Starts: 02/11/2019See and Print Complete Course Schedule
Schedule: Mondays, February 11th - April 1st, 2019 - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: 350 7th Ave. (b/w 29th and 30th Street), Suite 1201
Exam: 6:00 - 7:00 PM, Monday, April 1st, 2019. If you are unable to take the exam April 1st, you may withdraw without penalty by March 8th. After March 8th, a fee will apply to reschedule. You have 12 months from the course start date to sit the exam.
**Per WSET procedures you will be required to sign in with a photo ID on exam day**
Availability: Open for Registration
No class on President’s Day, February 18th 2019.
Dates and topics subject to change.