WSET® Level 2 Spirits Course
Who It’s For:
Consumers and professionals in the drinks and hospitality industries who have a serious interest in spirits and want to expand their knowledge beyond the basics. No previous study required.
What You’ll Learn:
The history, production and style of spirits of the world: brandies, whiskeys, vodkas, rums, Tequilas, gin, liqueurs and other flavored spirits. You’ll learn the proper technique for tasting spirits and practice with six spirit samples each class session.
12 hours of class time and a one-hour exam that includes 50 multiple-choice questions.
What You’ll Achieve:
- The ability to describe the characteristics of the principal spirits and liqueurs.
- Knowledge of the major international brands within each spirits category.
- The skills to provide guidance on the use and service of spirits and liqueurs.
- The ability to make informed recommendations to customers to meet their taste, quality and price requirements when selecting spirits and liqueurs.
- Successful candidates receive the WSET® Level 2 Award in Spirits.
1. At least 21 years of age AND
2. High School, College, or Post-Graduate diploma or transcript; OR
3. Letter of reference from a wine or spirits trade professional on company letterhead stating:
(1) That the prospective student is known to him/her personally, (2) That he/she is aware of the student’s knowledge of and interest in wine; and (3) That he/she believes the student is qualified to pursue structured study of wine and spirits.
Pricing for the WSET®Level 2 Spirits Course:
Registration Fee: $38.00
Study Kit: $97.99
WSET® Level 2 Spirits Course adheres to the Quarter-Based Refund Policy. For details see our policy.
Following are current in-session and upcoming classes. If you don’t see a class that fits your schedule, check back soon; new classes are constantly being added!