WSET® Level 1 Spirits Course
Who It’s For:
This foundational course is ideal for anyone who wishes to obtain a sound introduction to spirits. It will appeal to wine lovers who wish to extend their knowledge into the realm of spirits, as well as people who work with spirits as part of a larger beverage portfolio in the retail and hospitality sectors. No previous spirits knowledge is required.
What You’ll Learn:
The main styles and categories of spirits, the defining characteristics of the main spirits types, the production processes and vessels used in making spirits, and the key principles involved in the storage and service of spirits — as well as a standardized method for tasting spirits .
Six hours of class time including a 45-minute, multiple-choice exam.
What You’ll Achieve:
• The ability to select and serve spirits with confidence.
• The ability to taste and describe various types of spirits.
• Knowledge about the main categories and types of spirits available, including brandy, vodka, whiskey, rum, tequila and flavored spirits.
• Knowledge of common cocktail ingredients, equipment and glassware.
• An understanding of quality factors for cocktails.
• An understanding of issues relating to the safe consumption of spirits.
• Successful candidates receive the WSET® Level 1 Award in Spirits.
* This course is a non-occupational course. Non-occupational courses are not intended to provide instruction that will result in the student’s acquisition of occupational skills.
At least 21 years of age
Pricing of WSET® Level 1 Spirits Course:
Registration Fee: $24.00
Study Kit: $27.22
Discounted fees are available to Teaching Assistants. These positions are limited in number and are granted at the discretion of the International Wine Center. To apply, fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
WSET® Level 1 Spirits Course adheres to the Mini-Course Refund Policy. For details see our policy.
Following are current in-session and upcoming classes. If you don’t see a class that fits your schedule, check back soon; new classes are constantly being added!
Current Course Offerings
WSET Level 1 Spirits Course FS 218 Starts 06/04/2018
Starts: 06/04/2018See and Print Complete Course Schedule
Schedule: Mondays, June 4th - June 18th, 6pm - 8pm
Location: 350 7th Ave. (b/w 29th and 30th Street), Suite 1201
Exam: Immediately following class Monday, June 18th. If you are unable to sit the exam June 18th, you may withdraw without penalty by May 31st. After May 31st, there will be a $78 fee to reschedule. You have 12 months from the course start date to sit the exam. After 12 months, another exam fee applies.
**Per WSET procedures you will be required to sign in with a photo ID on exam day**
Availability: Open for Registration